10 Fun Facts about Philadelphia
When it comes to suggesting ideas for dating in Philadelphia the following question arises: do you live in the wonderful city or are you just passing through?
The question is important because flirting when you’re travelling and flirting when you are part of the city are not the same thing.
In any case, let’s see, first, some fun facts about the city of brotherly love.
Let’s get started.
- The first modern computer in the United States was developed in Philadelphia, this happened in 1946. The computer weighed more than 65lb.
- The first hospital in the USA was founded in Philadelphia, Dr. Thomas Bond and Benjamin Franklin were the architects of this project.
- Pennsylvania’s capital was pioneer in many things, proof of this is that it was also the first city to have a public zoo. It was founded in 1895.
- Did you know that 1 out of 6 doctors in the United States have had medical practice in a hospital in Philadelphia?
- Philadelphia is an artistic city Proof of this is that the City of Brotherly Love is home to the oldest theater in the United States.
6. Another very interesting fact for art lovers is that Philadelphia is the city with more impressionist paintings than any other city outside of Paris.
7. Art is very important in Philadelphia. The city has more than 2,000 murals that you can find throughout it, and for its large amount of urban art it is now also recognized as The Capital of Murals of the United States.
8. If you love food, Philadelphia is your city. The Pennsylvania capital is home to the Wing Bowl, a food contest that attracts more than 20,000 participants each year.
9. Did you know that one of the first businesses that existed in Philadelphia was William Frampton’s Brewery, founded in 1638? And that the Reading Terminal Market is the largest market in the United States?
10. The Capital of Pennsylvania is also a city of oddities. The Mutter Museum in Philadelphia has a large collection of medical singularities, such as slices of a human face, a book bound in human skin, and slides of Albert Einstein’s brain.
Dating Ideas for a lovely day in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, as you surely know, is a great historical, cultural and gastronomic center of the United States. Philadelphia’s nightlife is also exciting, so having a date and meeting new people in Philadelphia can be a wonderful thing. But where do you start?
Dating ideas in Philadelphia to eat when the sun is shining
Ok, have you met a brunch fanatic on Friends With Benefits (we’ll talk about that later) and you want to make a bet on it? Read on.
With three locations in Philadelphia, Sabrina’s Café is the city’s brunch specialist. The friendly service, combined with the delicious food of enormous proportions are a winning combination for Sabrina’s and for a date in Philadelphia.
Philadelphia locals delight in Sabrina’s stuffed french toast, a delicious french toast filled with sweet cream cheese, bananas, and vanilla syrup. For something really tasty, choose the Barking Chihuahua, a glorious breakfast burrito filled with scrambled eggs, black beans, red bell peppers, and cheese.
Sabrina’s brunch menu is constantly updated, so be sure to check out her specials.
Address: 910 Christian St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA.
Trading Company Jose Garces, the celebrity chef of the American television show Iron Chef, is creating a mini food empire in Philadelphia.
From the Andalusian tapas bar Amada to the Mexican foodtruck Distrito, the Ecuadorian-American chef is redefining Latin American fusion along the Mid-Atlantic coast.
Garces Trading Company, which opened in 2010, is a European-style bistro and gourmet market serving some of the best brunches in town.
Their weekend brunch options include a main coffee, dessert and unlimited Garces Trading Co. coffee. Please try a funghi pizza with an impressive duck sourdough base or their potatoes with duck fat.
Another trendy place. Rouge has a fantastic outdoor area and you can have lunch or dinner in Rittenhouse Square since 1998. Serving weekend brunch and weekday lunch and dinner, Rouge offers an intimate place to dine in the heart of Rittenhouse Square, perfect for meeting women in Philadelphia.
Dig your teeth into a Rouge burger as you lounge outside and watch the people walk through Rittenhouse Square.
If you like museums
If you or your date like culture, you cannot miss the two most important museums in the city.
Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts (PAFA)
PAFA is the nation’s first museum and school of fine arts founded in 1805. This famous art museum features collections of American art from the 1760s to the present day. It is internationally recognized for its 19th century collections.
Address: 118-128 North Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
Philadelphia Museum of Art
This museum is world famous, it’s the third largest art museum in the country and houses more than 240,000 objects. The museum is also known for the famous 72 stone steps climbed in the movie Rocky.
Address: 2600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19130
Dating in Philadelphia
You may already have a date in Philly thanks to Friends with Benefits, or you may be trying to hook up the old way: hanging out for drinks.
In both cases you are in luck. Philadelphia is one of the cities with the most options in the United States.
McGillin’s Olde Ale House
The oldest tavern in the city, this iconic destination opened in the late 19th century and is steeped in history. In addition to 30 beers on tap, McGillin’s also serves a selection of bar food, including pizzas, sandwiches, and cheeses.
The Varga bar has a great selection of draft beer, classic artwork, and great food. There is also outdoor seating during the warmer months. If you arrive early, you can also enjoy their excellent happy hour and try to meet new people in Philadelphia.
Tucked away and low-key, this small outdoor patio bar is located behind the Asian-inspired restaurant, which is always packed with people. You can’t see the bar from the street, so look for the red neon sign and head down the narrow alley. It is a favorite place for sports fans, as the bar has some televisions broadcasting a game. Perfect for a sports date in Philadelphia.
Night dates in Philly
You can dance until dawn with your date at Voyeur, a popular three-story venue that is sure to keep your heart pounding. It has three huge dance floors where you can find and meet Philadelphia women.
Noto (short for “not ordinary”) is the largest nightclub in the city, as well as one of the newest. Open Thursday through Sunday most weeks. A good idea to find a date if you’re single in Philadelphia.
Meet new people in Philadelphia thanks to Friends With Benefits
Whether you’re from the city or not, the best way to meet new people in Philadelphia is through Friends With Benefits.
Our website is designed to help people like you find everything they are looking for in a relationship. Do you want to have someone to have sex without commitment from time to time? This is your website. Looking for something more serious? Perfect. Are you on a business trip in Philly? You have come to the right page!
Join for free and enjoy!